Old August 16th 03, 10:35 PM
Christie

Hi,
I guess New York has a much better Humane Society program for ferals
than the one here in So. Cal. I called them several times to make sure
the info. they were giving me was correct in dealing with ferals. At the
time I was a nervous wreck because they were saying that the cats would
need to be inside for two weeks after the surgery and that they coudn't
use disolvable sutchers, well that info. was very wrong, but I didn't
find that out until I went in for the appt. and asked to speak to the
vet. They made me wait in a very long line for the check-in, even though
they knew they were feral cats. They had dogs and pet cats at the same
time. Anyways,they quoted $26 for each feamle and $19 for males, Which
was a great price, but when I picked them up, it turned into $92 each.
They did take off $10 for my Spay/Usa coupon, but were very confused
about what it was and had never heard of the program. So, for my future
spay/nueters I won't be going back to them. Also when they were to be
picked up, one of them was still very sedated a couldn't even stand. By
the way, if anyone knows of a good lower cost vet/clinic dealing with
ferals in So.Cal. please let me know.
Thanks,
Christie