Old March 23rd 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Senator Bill Frist: Dr. Mengele to Cats

ps. Before anyone says I'm politically motivated to post this, note that
I'm in Canada, I couldn't care less about American politics but I do hate
people who torture animals for their own personal enjoyment, gain, or
because they simply have no respect for life other than their own.

While I find the senator's actions to be disgusting, I do know that
Dylan had to do a lot of experiments on mice during his Masters of
Science (Anatomy) and that he felt bothered by all the killing.

He wasn't doing it for jollies, but because it was part of his
research.

While I find the "pretending to adopt the cats" deplorable, I do think
there's a difference between using them for surgical practice and
torturing them for thrills and jollies.

Still, I am glad that Dylan did not experiment on cats. Some people in
his school did.

We've actually wondered if Kumani and Tyche were the offspring of one
of the lab cats, since they were found in a trashpile behind his
school.

--Fil