Old January 2nd 04, 06:13 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:27:37 -0500, MGW wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:14:19 -0600, Mike Harris
wrote:

Also, as a possible solution, I had thought seriously about switching to
a crystals brand; Charlie's been remarkably adaptive in adjusting to
things (especially since he is a young 'un -- about four months now),
but I note that you're not supposed to flush the solid waste from
crystals down the toilet. (See http://www.freshstep.com/crystals/faq.html#14.) How do people handle that, then? I'm in an apartment building --
would this mean putting poop into a plastic bag and tossing it each
time? [Wouldn't you eventually run out of plastic bags? ;-)]

I've found the crystals very easy on my allergies (the grain based
ones caused me major respiratory problems!). As to flushing, I just
shake off most of the crystals and flush the poop - I've been doing
that for several years now without any trouble.

I save the plastic bags that are used for vegetables and use them for
scooped litter. I scoop several times a day and keep the bag with the
scooped litter in a plastic wastebasket. our garbage is picked up 3
times a week and I place the scooped litter in another bag, I used to
flush the solids, but it caused plumbing problems, so discontinued
that. It's probably the deodorants that you are allergic to.