Old August 24th 03, 08:35 PM
Margaret Fine

Default Pool Party

Every morning between 4 and 5 AM I take my Lab, Boone, out to do his
business and then inside for breakfast. For about the last week we've
been escorted by a sweet little tuxedo cat. He looks so much like my
Oliver that for a minute I was worried that O. had gotten out and was
following us.

Saturday morning we did not see the tuxedo and I was a little sad. As I
was parking Boone between two apartment buildings I happened to look
over into the pool area of one of the buildings and thought I was
hallucinating. There, lounging by the pool were several cats, including
our tuxedo. Some were sprawled right next to the water (in fact the
tuxedo was actually reclining on the ledge of the pool under the lip of
the pool deck) Some were sitting back on the pool deck and two were
using chairs. I actually went back a second time to make sure I wasn't
dreaming. When the tuxedo saw us he jumped up like "You guys are
EARLY!" and followed us on our rounds and made sure we got back into the
building safely before going back to the pool.

--
Margaret Fine