Old July 12th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Chibi sighting???!!!

Cantate wrote:
Well, a couple of days ago the husband was walking to the grocery near
the train station, bus and taxi turnaround (center of town in Japanese
thinking; lots of shops) and saw a cat that looked just like Chibi,
except she was quite skinny. He called, "Chibi!" and the cat turned
around! Then she startled and ran away (but she used to do that with
him anyway unless he had crabsticks to feed her!) Anyway, their old
house (where Chibi had lived) is very close to there, but about two
miles from my house. I had no idea she would have traveled that far,
but it makes sense; the day she disappeared there was a big rain/wind
storm, and I can see how she might have run in somewhere for shelter,
got disoriented, and couldn't smell her way home, so went back to her
origins. Or, she could have taken shelter in someone's car and that
someone lived down there. We're going to start a new poster campaign
in that area now.

I hope it is her and that she's caught! Wow, it's been practically
half a year.