Old January 2nd 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

Default Levi is growing up

on Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:13:51 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

The reason I ask this question is because most
vets over here, do not like to perform this proceedure until the cat
Is about 5-6 months old.Not all vets share this view, however the vast
majority do feel this way.

He'll be 6 months old when he is neutered.

I consider myself very lucky to have a vet that will do It earlier If
I ask her to.
When I asked her why they feel this way, she told me that there are
2reasons they don't like to.The 1st Is that bring so much younger,
they worry about performing ther ansthetic when they are so young, &
the 2nd, is that sometimes, people have this proceedure done, then
come to regret having done it.I am must be honest, I have no idea why
they would regret It...

Yeah, that's nuts. But having a cat done early is becoming more and more
common, and I think with all the morons adopting cats in this country
it's a very wise thing to do. There are far too many unwanted kittens as
it is.

This is a new one to me & If this was the case, I wonder why they
leave It open?I think that I would be horrified too.The last puss cat
that I had done was a little male black & white visitor that I have at
my community feeding bowl.When I took him to be done, I noticed that
they no longer stitched him, but used durgical glue on him.

I'm definitely going to request this.

Oh...Bless him.
I loved the last installment of photos of him & the rest of your
family as well, Including Rudi .Thank you for sharing them with us &
good luck with the proceedure.I don't think that he won't change very
much at all...only perhaps to love you all the more..for lack of
desire to do anything else other than love you all,because he won't
have any interest in chasing young floosies at all.He has one of those
unique wonderful charecter's..It Is obviously clear in the photos that
you share with us,lol
S)

Thanks, Sheelagh. Now the only floosy he'll want to chase is me! ;-)

--
Lynne

"First get your facts; then you may distort them at your leisure."
-- Mark Twain