Old June 22nd 04, 03:59 AM
MacCandace

I'm wondering
now though if it might be her throat since even baby food is giving
her trouble. I'll let you all know what happens.

I hope the best for your kitty but, sadly, my 2 older cats (now both RB) ate
like that in their last days/weeks. One had lymphoma and the lymph nodes in
her throat were swollen and cutting off her throat/airway. She also snored and
made other noises while awake or asleep. My other kitty was also very ill when
he began to eat like that although we never had a definitive diagnosis on him.
He ate sloppily and noisily and dropped a lot out of his mouth and also
exaggeratedly moved his head from side to side. He then quit eating, became
lethargic, lost interest in life, and seemed uncomfortable (as well as other
issues) so we had him euthanized. It was very sad. I hope it is just your
kitty's teeth bothering her.

Baby food is fine temporarily as long as it doesn't have onions in it.

Let us know how her vet visit goes.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)