Old March 4th 15, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spirit
Christina Websell

Default Counting stray cats while cycling at night

"John Doe" wrote in message
So now this troll is saying that cats should be outside "to hunt mousies
and ratties". Maybe they should be outside playing with skunks and
raccoons, vectors for rabies...

If you are referring to me, I have always made it clear that I appreciate
the difference between the USA & the UK regarding safety for cats.
It is perfectly safe to let cats out here - providing you don't live on a
busy road. We don't have rabies and no animals that will eat them (apart
from a rogue fox now and again) which my cat is aware of. If he sees a fox
that might have ideas on him he's up a tree in 2 seconds.
Saw him scale a tree after a squirrel in that time. He missed it though.
Very little traffic here and he knows how to avoid it.
He is perfectly able to look after himself when he is out.
Which is not to say I haven't worried when he's been out for too long and
once or twice I've been out looking for his dead body on the road but he
comes in saying "what's the problem? I was out looking at rats around the
chicken huts and you know how long it can take for them to come out"