Old February 25th 04, 12:35 AM
Orchid

On 24 Feb 2004 23:28:40 GMT, olitter (PawsForThought)
wrote:
]
ACFA registered 1955 cats in 2003. No, I didn't forget a zero. So
the current total is 56,732.

That really is a small number. Of course it doesn't take into account all the
BYB's though, right? I wonder what that number would be? I guess no way to
know.

Well, it's the number of purebred cats registered. BYBs can
and sometimes do register their cats and pretty much all kitten mills
do (so the petstores can say 'CFA' or 'TICA' doncha know) -- which is
why I try to pound into people's heads that 'registered' doesn't mean
'responsibly bred'. All it means is that the parents are known and
registered themselves.

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! --
http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage