Old August 8th 03, 03:05 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
In article ,
Priscilla Ballou wrote:

She's a little perkier tonight, and she spent some time upstairs with me
cuddling but foregoing her usual vigorous grooming of my face (she did a
few tiny little lappy licks, but that's all), but she doesn't want the
Nutro wet food blended up with chicken stock that I made. That might
not be her illness, though -- her brothers turned their noses up at it,
too! I'm about to softboil some eggs and serve them along with some
blended tuna, see how those are treated. Tomorrow I'll get some
babyfood (yes, I know about onions).

Whew! She just inhaled a saucer full of pureed people tuna, lapped up a
bit of soft-boiled egg, and even chowed down on some of the un-pureed
cat tuna I gave to the boys. Excellent performance! Let's hear it for
steroids!

Good. :-) Yes, prednisone's what got Debbie's appetite jump-started when
she was initially ill w/ liver disease. Her appetite'd been *awful*, but
before leaving the internist's he gave her a hefty starter dose of Pred, &
she ate w/ gusto later on that afternoon. The internist called me that
evening, asking if it'd done the trick. Yep!

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon