Old December 31st 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Totally OT. China

Christina Websell wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Lesley" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 3:36 pm, wrote:

That said, the number of executions in the US doesn't even come close
to the number done in China.
Apparently in China you can be executed for tax evasion.....or
fraud ....over here that could lead to some very interesting scenes in
Parliament but whilst I am inclined to deal harshly with our MP's
perhaps not that harshly

Lesley

Did you actually take on board what I said? China has executed a Brit
and that is very serious. More than serious. It is so not allowed to
execute a Brit since we had the good sense to make capital punishment
illegal since the 1950's

British laws apply in Britain. Chinese laws apply in China.

I don't think it's allowed to execute a foreign citizen and I think you'll
find Britain is more than annoyed about this.

Tweed

I am sure Britain is furious about it, but I'm also sure you'll find
out, if you look into it, that the laws of a country apply to all people
in that country - including foreigners. The only exception I know of is
people who have diplomatic immunity. Everyone else answers to local law.

--
Cheryl