Old February 7th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Advice for choosing cat / cats

In article .com,
"Gabstar" wrote:

Thanks for your helpful replies.

We have pretty much decided to get a couple of kittens, but I'm still
worried about leaving them on their own all day when we first get them.
In particular, I read that until kittens are fully litter trained, you
should leave them shut in a small room, close to their litter tray when
you're not around to keep an eye on them. It seems a bit mean to me to
leave them shut in a room all day while I'm at work until they catch
on. What do you think?

Any cat will probably do better if it's introduced to a new space
slowly. Starting with one room is a really good idea. Once they're
comfortable playing with you in that one room (one or more days, even a
week), then start introducing them to the other rooms. I'd carry them
around so they could see everything before letting them totally loose --
or if you have a cage, put them in the cage and move it around so the
sights and sounds will be familiar before they have to get upclose and
personal with them.

Priscilla