Old October 6th 03, 10:44 PM
amp11pleasedontspam

Dee,

There are probably some good ideas on how to help the cats adapt to the
new children and avoid letting go of the two cats.

If it is entirely impossible the following are some ideas on finding homes
for
cats - it is kind of trick to find a good home for cats, but is not
impossible
if a person is patient and screens people well. Note that charging for
a cat helps keep the wrong people away, and the general idea is to find
people who understand how to take care of cats and who care about cats.

Again, if possible, it is best to help the cat to adapt to the conditions -
there
are probably some good behavioral suggestion that one could elicit from
this group (and possibly from a cat behaviorist - veterinarians may be able
to refer your son and his wife to a local cat behaviorist).

And is there anyone in the group who might know a cat behaviorist in the
Houston area?

If all else fails, sites with ideas a

http://www.petrescue.com/library/place-pets.htm

http://www.expage.com/page/petadoptionform

The following is a site with suggestion on how to screen people on the
phone.

http://www.petrescue.com/library/cat-phone-screen.pdf

Best of luck to your son, the children and the cats - I bet that there is
some
means of helping the cats to adapt so that everyone would be happy!

Alan

"Dee Falt" wrote in message
Can someone provide some assistance on how to find a home for two
cats in the Houston area? This is for my son who provided the
following info:

Searching for a new home in the Houston area for two neutered black
cats. The cats are 7 year old litter mates (born approx. December
1996) named Punk and Blue who have lived together all of their lives.
Aside from pot bellies, no health problems. Both have been declawed
in the front, whilethe back claws remain. We are looking for a new
home for them because Blueis not reacting well to a new baby, and we
have another baby on the way. Both are very sweet, affectionate cats
that we are reluctantly seeking a new home for.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dee