Old November 30th 03, 05:29 PM
Steve Crane

"ChakaShiva" wrote in message ...
"Phil P." a écrit dans le message de news:

Then it is permitted to have a description on the bag differing from the
true content? Interesting.

That is correct for a period of 180 days. Thus a company that claims
to have an ingredient list of X ingredients, can conceivably get away
with putting anything they want in the bag for 179 days and then
actually put what they claim on the ingredient label for one day and
revert to anything the next. It's a very weak spot in the law and one
I would love to see changed.

I would presume more that the bag came from an old batch. I sometimes go
to a little local supermarket when I have not time to go to town for my
shopping. I've been seeing the very same unique bag of Science Diet kibble
lying on the shelf now for certainly over a year :-). There's no mistake,
its the same one because it is ripped and taped on one side.

The retailer is paid for damaged bags, it comes right off every
invoice. Obviously this retailer is trying to make an extra buck or
two, despite being paid in advance for any damage products. That's too
bad, the objective was to eliminate such bags immediately by paying
the retailer in advance, thus eliminating any chance a damaged bag
would sit on a shelf anywhere for any length of time.