Old May 24th 05, 01:55 PM

Default Cat with Dandruff but won't clean herself?

Hi all,

We recently adopted a cat from the local cat rescuer. We knew she
wasn't a healthy cat - we don't know how old she is, and she has bad
diarrhea unless she takes steroids every day. Funny shaped - she's got
a big pot belly. She also has bad dandruff. However, the woman said
that the vet could not find anything wrong with her, despite the blood
tests they ran. She was so cute - such a lap cat, and so in need of TLC
that we took her.

She is eating and pooping, but generally not very energetic. She LOVES
to be pet, and will get on her back so you can rub her belly for hours
while she coos and purrs (her purr sounds like a bird.) However, her
coat is a mess - patchy fur, heavy dandruff, and we noticed she doesn't
clean herself. What can we do? Is she not cleaning herself because
she's old, or ill, or because her dandruff is so bad she's grossed
out??

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. We want to do
well by our grannycat, and look forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Leslie