Old June 21st 04, 04:13 PM

snip story of cat with mouth cancer

My cat Natasha started to eat less and I took her to the vet, where it
was found she had a tumor on the roof of her mouth. I scheduled a biopsy
and was called while she was still on the table. They found cancer all
the way down the back of her throat, which was not apparent on visual
examination. Removing it would have been an exercise in futility, and,
even though she acted normal in every other respect, it would have been
cruel for me to make her go on with it as bad as it was so I told them
to keep her under, rushed there, and stayed with her while they put her
to sleep.
I don't know how bad your cat's issues are at this point, but if the
cancer is covering a large area of his mouth and is causing constant
pain, it might be time to consider euthanasia. I rarely if ever bring
this up and am only doing so now based on my own experience. It's really
hard when they are acting fine in every other respect, but I know in
Natasha's situation, it would not have been fair for me to make her live
with the cancer and pain for even one more day. I wish you well.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing