Old March 24th 04, 05:06 AM
Tim May

In article , Matt
wrote:

"i have one who rarely shows affection, other than wanting to always
be
around when we're there but not wanting to be touched. but every once
in a
while (maybe once a month) he will jump on my lap and purr his little
brains
out and push his head into my hand. those moments are worth the wait,
to be
honest."

Mine does that each and every night. I know he loves me but why the
heck does he have to always show it when I am sleeping - He wakes me
up at least once and sometimes up to 5 times a night. I usually wake
up, he sits on my chest and purrs like a diesel engine. If I don't
wake up from that he'll headbutt me until I do. In my cats case a
little less affection or alternatively daytime affection would be
appreciated.

My current cat is 13, and he somehow knows when I am asleep. If I am
awake, if my eyes are open, he will approach my head area and purr. But
if I'm asleep, he somehow knows this and will not. (I know this because
he _used_ to, and thus wake me up. I don't think this observation is
because I'm just unaware of it, as I've been a light sleeper for all
the years I can remember).

--Tim May