Old September 24th 03, 08:35 PM
Yngver

Get real. If you live in a city you lock your doors. I live in Canada
and do not get my impression of how Canadians live from some movie.

I'm sure in Smallville USA they may not lock their doors either.

True, my cousins in North Dakota don't lock their doors and they leave their
keys in their cars too. But ND is almost Canada.

I don't recall where in Canada, specifically, that Moore interviewed some
people that don't lock their doors, but I thought it was in a city--possibly
Windsor, to contrast people's attitudes there with those of Americans right
across the bridge in Detroit.(Okay, Detroit is probably three times the
population of Windsor, but I think they are both considered cities). I don't
believe he tried to argue that Canadians as a rule don't lock their doors, but
those he interviewed lived in an urban area but didn't feel unsafe enough to
keep their doors locked.