Old July 27th 03, 05:20 PM
Sherry

Jack,

I think you and your mother would get along with me just fine! My
neighbors and I are caring for a colony of ferals in our back yards. We
started last winter (which was a really bad winter), putting up shelters
for them, and I keep a heated birdbath on the ground filled with water
for all the wildlife. We started feeding them as well in the late
winter, and this past spring we got an expert to help us do
trap/neuter/release with them.

That's great that you neutered them. What most kind-hearted people don't
understand is that by simply feeding them, they're not really helping in the
long term. (Plus having cat-hating neighbors really complicates things). I
still think it might help to try to mend fences a bit with the neighbor instead
of antagonizing him. By moving only 3 blocks away, the cats still might roam
their old 'hood. It's horrifying to think they were putting out antifreeze.
Death by antifreeze is an agonizing one.

Sherry