Old May 21st 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Any A/C Experts Out There?

I've been installing AC in homes for the last six years. As a part
time job. Someone else gave a really good list of questions to help
diagnose. I'll add a bit to that list.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
DH is gone, and it's the weekend so there's really no one to call.

Something is screwy with the A/C. I set it on 75 four hours ago. It
ran
and ran and ran but it didn't seem to be getting any cooler. I just
looked, and the thermostat is still set on 75, but the inside
temperature is 87. And it's still running.

Do house A/C's have freon, like cars? Is it *possible* that it's
something simple like that? If it was *bad*, would the thing run at
all?

Any help appreciated.

Sherry