Old October 29th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

Default Snow and Cold Paws

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in
:

Smudgie was hesitant to go into the garden this morning. It was the
blanket of snow covering the lawn that she pondered. A tentative paw
helped her decide it was cold and icky and best avoided. She did her
usual prowl around the garden on the path instead. It even dissuaded
her from leaping onto the shed roof (and saved me having to brave the
cold, waving ham around to tempt her back down again). Not content
with being on the ground Smudgie decided my 5 ft plastic greenhouse
looked like it had a good vantage point to survey the snow more
thoroughly. The noise of ripping plastic was quickly followed by
pained meiows which seemed to translate as "oh my goodness, my paws
are cold, I can't jump on the lawn - it's covered in white stuff, my
paws are colder, quick get me down, my paws are freezing!"

She shot into the house when I lifted her down and curled up in her
bed next to the radiator, I don't think she likes snow very much!

Sharon

Sonny too is not amused. Overnight we had about 6 inches of heavy wet
snow. Snow even blew into his little outdoor house filling it. Sonny
jumped out after DH shovelled a path to the bird feeders, got to the
bottom of the deck, looked around, shook his head because of the strong
winds, looked at me waiting at the door and decided he'd better get back
in while he had the chance.

Then he decided to try the front door, things might be better there.
Nope, he ran back in 2 seconds later. So I set up his chair at the
patio door for some serious bird watching, and he's given up on today.
It should melt in the next couple of days and he'll be happy again once
his world is green again and not white, until winter really sets in.

Bobble