Old July 30th 03, 12:09 AM
Sharon Talbert

Fence your yard and install Cat Fence In (see it on our website) or build
a generously sized cat enclosure in your backyard. That at least protects
your cats. Not the neighbor's garden, however, as surely yours are not
the only cats visiting her property. Fences can make better neighbors...

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
www.campuscats.org

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, bewtifulfreak wrote:

Anyone have suggestions for keeping your cats out of a garden they're
unwelcome in? I don't want to have to keep them in, as they've been
enjoying going out for more than a year now - since before this person moved
in, in fact - and they're generally very safe roaming out back, but I do
respect the fact that she's not too happy that they're interfering with her
garden. She claims to have tried everything and given up; I have no idea
what she actually has tried, as she didn't really seem to want to discuss
the subject, seemed politely but annoyedly resigned, so I feel the onus is
on me. But other than try and fence little areas in the bushes that they
sneak through (and they could still just jump onto and over the fence), I'm
at a real loss as to what I might do to resolve the situation. I want to
keep both neighbor and cats happy, but have no idea how I might acheive
this! Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

Ann

P.S. She never actually brought it up, but we had to go and ask her when we
saw her out back once if the cats were bothering her or interfering with her
garden, and got the answer we'd hoped not to hear! All the more reason I
wish I could do something about it, because even though she's doesn't really
go out of her way to be neighborly to us, she's always been polite and never
made the stink that she could have about the cats, so I'd really like to try
and show her some consideration in return.