Old November 12th 03, 05:05 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Try keeping her in a bathroom for a few days, with litterbox and food/water.
It's much easier to clean a bathroom floor than it is a mattress. Keep the
litter clean, and maybe even try 2 litterboxes (Weeble likes to poo in one,
pee in the other)

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
My suggestions for your new kitty is to keep her isolated in a separate

room
for a while....A 'cage is really no help for a cat, they just want out!

Unfortunately, Nellie newbie - the 5 year old adult female - doesn't

appear to
use a litterbox. I have her isolated in my bedroom. She peed on my bed for

2
nights (using the litterbox for peeing the first night only. After that,

she
hasn't used it.) She deficated on my quilt on the 3rd night.

I realize that she has a high level of stress: being taken from her home,

put
into a shelter for a month, coming to a new home w/a cat, having that cat

jump
on her several times..being shuttled to the vet for 3 days for exam &

dental
cleaning (she wasn't keeping food down..she's received a clean bill of

health,
though). I spend time with her in the bedroom (even though my other cat is
crying on the other side of the door). What can I do to teach her to use

the
box?