Old December 21st 07, 06:57 AM posted to alt.slack, rec.pets.cats.misc, alt.fan.furry, alt.conspiracy
Father Haskell

Default Scientists clone mutant glow-in-the-dark cats

On Dec 21, 12:28 am, Don Stockbauer wrote:
On Dec 20, 11:09 pm, Father Haskell wrote:

On Dec 20, 7:46 pm, "Tom+Gracie+Jenny" wrote:

Slime Lowlife wrote:
Modemac wrote:
http://inventorspot.com/articles/sci...nthedark__9191

That's not flourescent paint or dye - those really are cloned cats
with proteins added to their genetic mixture to make them glow.

They don't glow so much as fluoresce; that is, under ultraviolet light
they reflect back in the visible part of the spectrum. You'd only see
the effect under black light.

My wife shook me awake in the dark, her nails digging into the flesh
of my arm.
"Honey, I heard a noise!"

Groggily, I ask, "Are the cats in here?"

"How would I know?" she asked. "I can't see them in the dark! Will
you turn them on?"

I reach over and flip the switch. Click! We see two small reddish
cats walking around on the furniture.
They look a little surprised when they start glowing, but then realize
we see them.

"Get OFF the FURNITURE!" my wife yells. They jump to the floor
guiltily, and I flick them off. Click!

Tom the Alien Cat

Yes, but your cats glow green. It's the neighbors' cats who
glow red.

Glow in the dark cats would be a great boon to me (as if you guys give
a rats ass about me, anyway). You see, sometimes I wake up at night
having to **** real bad and if it's really dark I'll get lost back in
a corner and panic and the urge to pee is so strong that I have to go
right there on the floor and clean it up in the morning when God's
blessed sunlight fills the room. Now, a couple of glow in the dark
cats would helput a whole lot.

For that, you want seeing eye cats.