Old July 6th 03, 01:08 AM
MaryL

"Joe V" wrote in message
om...
Please recall my posting on 6/23/03, "Please Help Us...Crystal Hardly
Eats!".
We want to sincerely thank all of you that replied and helped
us...Thank you a lot!

Amazingly, the vet didn't suggest feeding Crystal with a baby feeding
tube (like a minature baster for cooking). But, the advice on-line
suggested force feeding Crystal and using baby food which we started
doing. Because of that, Crystal has gained a pound and no longer is in
a stuper... she is active and curious like a cat is supposed to be.
Another vet we talked to suggested we use Science Diet A/D instead of
baby food as it is more nutritious... so we changed the food.

Thanks again to all... Joe, Marsha & Crystal

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how Crystal is doing.

Regarding the baby feeding tube: have you also tried a very large syringe?
My vet gave me an extremely large one when I needed to force feed (years
ago). Without the needle, of course. It worked very well, and the cost was
negligible.

MaryL