Old December 4th 03, 09:56 PM
Margaret Fine

lewe wrote:

Hi all,
I am working late and just went down to open the garage from the outside for
a car. Walking along the office building I saw a small black shape very
still on the driveway. I knew it was what I wished it not to be, a little
sweet black feral kitty. She looked all dead, even if she couldn't have been
lying there for very long. I touched her neck and side to make sure.

By chance a woman just then walked to a spot I've guessed were used for
feeding ferals. So I went and asked if she recognised the little one as one
of the group, ruling out an owner (there are some mad people who let their
cats out among cars and whatnot here). She knew Little Black Kitty and told
me they had been hoping to tame her.

She said she'd take care of her, and I got something to put her in. Please
purr for her passing to the bridge. And for the brave people that try to
help the ferals. I was told they normally can only try to catch them to have
them put to sleep before the city regularly "remove" them. They did have a
recent success taming and placing one kitty. I am sad to say I an mot good
enough a person to actually do something to help. Just giving some money
when you can feels lame compared to actually doing something.

Oh, well. I'll be lighting a candle. Purrs for everyone else who needs them.
Better get some more work done.

Poor little black kitty. We're thinking of her.

Don't beat yourself up. Money is VERY important. You're making a
difference in those kitty lives just as much as someone who has contact
with them. If it wasn't for money many of these organizations just
couldn't exist. You're doing your part and a heck of a lot more than
many people do!
--
Margaret Fine