Old February 4th 04, 08:45 PM
Steve Crane

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message ...

I wouldn't agree with either statement. I don't read much of Gaubster so I
cannot comment on him, but I do find Steve Crane to be honest and
knowledgeable. There is very much a dichotomy here with much animosity
between the two groups. I value information from both but I do wish the
people involved were more respectful towards each other. I sometimes wonder
why any discussion between the two groups has to become an insult-match with
whomever hurling the most hurtful insults feeling like they've won.

Thank-you Rona,
I think conflicts are inevitable. Whatever I post here is based upon
the hard core science of nutrition. I often annotate what I post here
with sources when requested. I enjoy debate on issues. We all learn in
the process. I kind of have to snicker a bit. I spend my days with a
bunch of board certified diplomates of internal medicine, dermatology,
and nutrition. At those levels the debates are nearly as raucous.
I think it becomes an "insult" match when one side finds the facts
to be counter to thier expressed opinions and they are unable to find
any data to support the opinions they have developed. Once the
argument has been lost, name calling becomes the "argument" of choice.
It's usually a clear signal someone has lost the debate badly.
One thing I do recognize is that there are a lot of "lurkers" on
this NG. I get emails from folks like that several times a week with
questions about one thing or another.