Old July 1st 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Rhett scared me

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Sun 25 Jun 2006 12:56:57p, Christine Burel wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Thanks for posting this, Cheryl -- we have weak screening, too,
and I'm going to bookmark this site.

They seem to be working well so far. I'm not totally trusting them
yet with a kitty that can push around humidifiers and pull air duct
registers out of the floor. Since they're adjustable, they're almost
like a sliding door screen. I've had cats that can figure out how to
open sliding doors. I need to find somehting that won't cause damage
to the window frame, but will secure the adjustable screens to them.
I'm looking into 3M products. I'll let you know if I find something
that'll keep everyone safe.

I had completely forgotten that thrill. Our Sam could open the sliding
glass door unless it was locked. The fireplace hearth is right next to the
door and it put him high enough and gave him enough leverage to do the job.

It was a constant battle. We would lock the door when we wanted to be sure
he stayed in. (Right. His name was Dammit Sam - but Houdini would have
fit). Of course as soon as it was locked one of us would want to come
inside through that door and have to either go around the house to get in or
try to get some one to come open it. Probably part of why Charlie managed
to lock himself out of the house while I was on vacation and darn near kill
himself climbing back in through the only unlocked window over the bathtub.

I'm suddenly very grateful that Jake isn't heavy enough to open it. And
wonder how long it will be till Kayla figures it out.

Jo