Old April 3rd 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Hissing after bringing kitty home from vet

On Apr 2, 4:28*pm, John Gordon wrote:

Yes, we have exactly three. *What is special about that number?

With three cats, there is always an alliance between any given two
against the third. In this particular case, the cat with the 'funny
smell' became the victim-de-jour.

For that reason, we will never have three cats, as the mix is simply
not healthy. It is either two or 'many'. And 'many' is fraught with
other dangers. So, two do for us. But when I mentioned our big male's
wish to 'mother' any of our pets recently from the vet, that is
absolutely true. And our dogs are similarly inclined. So when your cat
was rejected, the three-cat syndrome immediately came to mind.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA