Old July 25th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Cat scratched off fur due to new collar

"FourCatServant" u36121@uwe wrote in message news:75b3d1d5a526d@uwe...
Thank you so much for your response. The collars are just ID tags. I have
removed them. But I am very afraid of a superfical infection. All four are
indoor cats. I have had them for over a year. I adopted them when they
were 4-
6 weeks old. They had many health issue at first. Fleas, parasites, ear
mites,
sinus infections. It took me three months numerous vet visits, constant
medication and care to get them to the healthy, rambunctious trouble
making
place they are now. I just hate seing him looking manged.

Bless you, you sound like a great cat Mom! These are lucky cats. Are they
siblings?

Tiger the one
injured right now is sort of my little side kick. He was the worst one in
the
beginning. Now he pulls the string on the ceiling fan in the morning to
wake
me up and serve his breakfast .

This is really cute! Don't worry too much, he will heal. If you don't feed
canned food, you might think about it, the extra protein helps them, and
cats are often allergic to the grains in dry food, and that can make them
itchy. My cat needs a steroid shot (Depo Medrol) a few times a year
to keep her allergies controlled. Hopefully your cat was just allergic
to something in the collar and the removal of the allergen is all he needs.

Please let us know how he progresses, and welcome to the group.