Old November 12th 03, 01:31 AM
Ted Davis

On 11 Nov 2003 18:54:04 GMT, (Star2350) wrote:

Hello,

I am in a desperate situation here, so if anyone can offer any help, I would
appreciate it.

This message is separately posted in a number of groups - that is
really bad form: if the message must be posted in multiple groups,
cross post it to all of them simultaneously. That way the people in
one group can see what people in other groups have replied, and from a
technical point of view, it saves a truly enormous amount of disk
space: cross posted messages exist once on each server - only index
entries are duplicated, if that; if separately posted, a separate copy
exists for each group on each of perhaps tens of thousands of servers.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)