Old September 5th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Missy has a new home!!!

I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful life long relationship!

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
It's been almost a year since (September 22, to be exact) since Miss Priss
came to me when I took food out to her in the yard. We've been (in)
actively looking for a home for her ever since then (even listed her on
freecycle, but had no takers, probably because I stated that an adoption
application will have to be completed), mainly because she is a bit

hostile
towards most of our other cats. She has mellowed a bit, but mainly

because
Bam-Bam has conned his big brother Ernie into ganging up on her. This is
very unusual, as Ernie is a mello-fello and rarely goes after *anybody*,

but
Bam-Bam is one that likes to 'push buttons' and then comes up to us all
lovey and purry as if to say "I diddendoit".

Anyway, a coworker of DH's mentioned that her daughter would be attending
Perdue University (located in beautiful West Lafayette, Indiana), and
renting an apartment by herself (as opposed to dorm life). She had

already
moved in, and was kind of lonely. DH mentioned that Missy would more than
likely be happier as an only cat. Coworker mentioned this to her

daughter.
Daughter latched on to the idea (se does like cats), and asked for

pictures.
So pictures were emailed around (first to DH's work, then to his coworker,
then to her daughter....). She thought she was beautiful!

All she needed was approval from her landlord to have a pet, which she
apparently got over the weekend, as her Mom emailed DH (he has his work
email set to forward to his home email, as he's on vacation this week)

that
she was anxiously awaiting the arrival of Missy!

There is a condition that if she were to move and not be able to take

Missy
with, that they bring her back to*us*. Or if Missy, for some bizarre
reason, doesn't adjust to live as a single-cat. in a reasonable amount of
time (a month or so). It's taken a *year* at our house, and she's still
somewhat uppity with the others, so she should be happier wit no other

cats
around. When all the other cats are sleeping, I have caught her actually
*playing* with a mousie or puffball (or twistie, or was of paper), but

she's
one of those that stops as soon as she realizes that she's being

"watched".
this makes me thing that she might "come out of her shell" as an only-cat.
She may never be a lovey-dovey-cuddle-cat, but she does occasionally come

up
to me or DH for some skritchies.

Here's hoping that she'll be happy in her new home!

--
The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)