Old June 28th 05, 10:04 PM
Alison

wrote in message
We finally got rid of Nika's fungus and have just brought a new

kitten into
the house. Our vet (who gave us the cat and a great deal on the

eventual
neuter operation) told us that with two cats we won't need cable.

You can
just watch them.
So far all that's happening is the kitten won't come out of the

traveling
case (we have food, water and litter in there for him). Nika hisses

at him
when he thinks about it, and she's bigger than he is (but not for

long, I'm
afraid). I think they'll be playing in a few days though. The

hostility is
very mild compared to what I've seen in other cats.
We haven't named the male yet. We were considering Caruso (Nika is

from a
music person as well) because he was so loud on the way home from

the vet,
but he hasn't made a sound since.
Fascinating. .

It would be best to put the kitten in its own room or seperate him
from Nika. It must be overwhelming for him to be in strange place and
have a hostile cat hissing at him and Nika must wonder who this
stranger intruding on her territory is.
Alison