Old March 9th 16, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Help with Spirit

On 3/8/2016 3:02 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Okay we suspected she and Bonnie have issues- we put a separate box in the kitchen after we spotted Bonnie blocking access to the bathroom boxes and that seemed to work

Spirit goes through phases of liking one place then a week or so later she likes somewhere else. She'll get up to eat and use her litter tray then go back to her place. She seems to be in her own little world but she seems happy enough

For the last week she's sleeping on a box of old records in the corner of the bedroom

Tonight I showed her there were some lamb chops on offer (Dave couldn't eat them all) she's so lazy I sometimes have to move her to get her moving towards the bowls although once she's up there she can eat like a horse

As she jumped off heading for the kitchen I thought "She threw up over there I think" so I put the light on and moved in with kitchen towel...moved an old padded envelope away....

She's been weeing on that! Copiously judging by the fact I am wet and so is the side of the bed and on closer inspection she's also doing something else up there i.e pooping

I picked her up when she finished eating and put her in the tray only to have Bonnie run in, which caused her to bolt back to her corner.

We did have some issues with this before which was why we installed a tray in the kitchen, which seemed to help for a time. She's friendly if I approach her and pick her up but most of the time she seems happy to stay where she is...

And that's the problem- when she didn't find anywhere to feel safe stress overgrooming combined with her FIV and a possible flea allergy meant she ended up almost bald but now she has a safe space her skin has settled down a lot (Before anyone says it- she has been to the vet)

I obviously don't want her weeing etc all over the place but it's not practical to put another tray in the bedroom as where she is there's loads of stuff in the way. I don't want to get rid of her obviously

Any ideas?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furbakks

The only thing I can think of is to shut one or the other of them, with
all necessary facilities, for a week or so. That would probably be a
pain, if it's even possible, but that's my only idea.