Old August 6th 03, 11:14 PM
Sabastian Gaberial

I have not noticed that I will have to ask my friend about that. Thanks for
the update......

sabastianmeow

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
I just spoke to our local pet shop guy today who's ever so nice, and we

were
talking about the contents of cat foods, and he was saying when he was
looking to start his business about five years back and was taking a

course,
he visited a cat food cannery (not one of the big names), and they told

him
there is nicotine in nearly all canned cat food; that if you ask, they

will
say it has some benefit to the cat, but it's really to just get them

hooked
on their brand. Apparently, they all have different amounts, that is why
they sometimes balk when you change brands, it's not just the taste. He
says that was five years ago, so they may have stopped, but he can't see
them doing so. Is that *crazy*, or what??? I know they put sugar and
alcohol and a bunch of other stuff in cigarettes to make them even more
addictive, but it never dawned on me that they were doing it to pets, too!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak