Old October 11th 09, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christine BA[_2_]

Default Help with cat chewing on wires

Dlynne kirjoitti:
I have a one year old Birman cat that likes to chew on headphone
wires. He has already chewed right through 4 pair.
I am worried with Christmas coming up and him chewing through the
Christmas light wires. I tried vinager on the wires, but that did not
work. I need suggestions as to what to try to get him to stop chewing
through wires.
Thanks,
Dlynne

If vinegar didn't help, try tabasco, mustard, orange oil, even a
strongly perfumed moisturiser (or just perfume) might repel him. You can
test at least the moisturiser/perfume by putting some on your hand and
offering it to him, you can tell by his reaction what he thinks of it.
And headphone wires can be kept safe by putting them away in a desk
drawer or some such, but that won't work with the X-mas lights, I know.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com