Old August 22nd 03, 05:52 AM
Katra

Sherry wrote:

Carpet samples turned upside down are an even bigger favorite, as are
the cardboard scratchers that can be purchased at petsmart. I'm considering
stapling some of the carpet samples to boards.

My cats favorite scratching posts tho' have been office room dividers!
They are covered with a burlap type surface, and I picked up 3 of them
for 5 bucks each from a local furniture recycler. The cats love to climb
them and perch on top, and of coarse, scratch them up. They look a bit
ratty after a bit but they are in the cat room so I don't care.....

K.

The favored scratching surface for mine seems to be cardboard. We learned this
by accident, when I laid a pizza box in the floor next to the trash can. So
naturally they really love those turbo scratchers.

Sherry

Turbo scratchers are a scream when the kids are on catnip... ;-)
It's hilarious to watch them chase the ball.
I only have one, but am considering getting a couple more. Heaven knows
the refills are easily aquired.

Pizza box? Cats are sensitive to some herbs and the main herb in italian
food is Oregano. Mine love the fresh catnip, and also Valerian root.
That's neat. :-) I'll have to leave the box on the floor next time we
have pizza.

I've been meaning to ask... just how safe is Valerian for cats??? Since
I don't know, I've barely let them have a few crumbs of it. I'm so
cautious with cats and plants/herbs.

Is Oregano safe? My herb garden has produced far more than I can cook
with. If the cats would like it.....

K.
--
^,,^ Cats-haven Hobby Farm ^,,^ ^,,^

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra