Old December 2nd 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default OT A wasted day

I have an "Ectropion" in my right eye. This is basically a drooping
lower eyelid. It tends to get irritated and bloodshot. The local eye
surgeon does not do that type of surgery so he referred me to a surgeon
at Dartmouth-Hitchcock medical center. I drove there yesterday (about 2
hours) to see the surgeon. First I saw a "tech" who checked my vision,
tested for glaucoma, and recorded all kinds of medical data. Then I saw
the photographer who took multiple pictures of my eye. Then, after a
wait, the surgeon appeared and told me he couldn't do my surgery because
he was leaving Dartmouth. He had me make an appointment with another
surgeon. I will have to go through the whole procedure again. The
Ectropion doesn't really bother me a lot so I think I will scrap the
whole idea. This morning I called the medical center and lodged a
complaint because they should have notified me and re-scheduled my
appointment instead of letting me make a useless trip.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')