Old October 2nd 03, 10:36 PM
Cheryl

In ,
lid composed with
style:

Have been feeding my colony Costco kibble food for some time now.
Previously fed 9-lives kibble or similar. Someone recently donated a
20-lb bag of Friskies. Whenever I leave the Friskies kibble for
them, the ferals spread it all over the ground as if they were
digging it out of the dish. They don't do that with any of the
other food. It makes a helluva mess I have to clean up. Has anyone
got any idea of what's up with this? Maybe they just don't like
Friskies? If that's it, too bad--they're going to have to eat what
I leave them or go hungry. I won't even cater to my housecats like
that.

Are you sure it's the cats doing it? I was attracting a possum by
feeding at night and it was a pretty messy eater. I switched to
feeding in the morning and once again before dark, and by the time the
possum was coming around the food was eaten so problem solved. Maybe
it's other wildlife that doesn't like your choice of foods?