Old March 20th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

Another aspect that I find peculiar are the employers who forbid
employees to smoke, period. Even away from work. I mean, what's next?
Forbidding employees to eat Krispy Kremes? That's not healthy either,
no?

Exactly! Who are we to dictate health codes to other people? And worse,
to make it an issue of moral character?

If there really are employers who forbid an employee to smoke even when
off work, I'm surprised nobody has brought a lawsuit against them. That
can't be constitutional (in the US - can't speak for other places).

Joyce

I wish I could remember the name of the corporation--it was on the news
a couple years ago and I remember the story distinctly because I was
pretty horrified. Employees had to have their blood tested for
nicotine, and were given a three-strikes-and-you're-out ultimatum.
Of course there was all the propoganda about wanting employees to be
healthier and it was "for their own good." They were given all kinds of
help to stop. But still, it creeped me out.
My FIL, who was at Pearl Harbor, talks about how the Red Cross would
ship cigarettes to the GI's. That's mind-boggling, too. :-)

Sherry

Sherry