Old April 27th 04, 02:34 PM
kaeli

In article , oldmolly1955
@REMOVETHISbitches.co.uk enlightened us with...
Kristine Kochanski wrote:

You obviously have *no* understanding of cat behaviour. You probably
have one overweight pampered moggy at home and assume that the world is
a nice place full of nice people where nice things happen every day.

And YOU assume that cat shows in the States are the same as in the UK.
They are not, from what you've said. The judges DO judge in front of
everyone, not behind closed doors (at least at the ones I went to). And
the cats don't look overly pleased while they're being held aloft for
all to see. Nor do many of them look pleased to be cooped up in tiny
cages for hours on end (no one in the general public can touch them, as
they might spread disease). This is life. One day of being not-so-
thrilled once in awhile for many, many days of pampered joy. I think
they'll live. *g*

Remember, we think declawing is perfectly okay over here. Don't assume
our cat shows are all that wonderful, either.
Also, I'd bet that different shows are different. We have many shows put
on by different clubs. I would bet they are run differently.

The OP could have gone to a big show or a tiny one.
I don't believe (s)he specified. My guess is that the big breed shows in
the big cities run things a lot differently than the small local ones in
a small township.

[YMMV; I've only been to three local shows here in the States and none
in the UK.]

~kaeli~
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless
interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an
otherwise dull day.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace