Old August 15th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

Default Cat Pregnancy Questions?

"Skye" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 14, 1:59 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

You can set humane traps that will trap the feral cat when she comes to
eat.
Then you can bring her to the vet where they will tranquilizer her and
spay
her. Then you can bring her back and let her go, and she won't have any
more
kittens....Also, she is likely to stick around your place (or wherever
the
food is best) and become domesticated.......

I've thought about doing that, but I'd be afraid she'd never show at
my door
again. In fact, I'm not even sure it would work - she's been
incredibly canny
(or incredibly lucky) when it comes to the animal control cages around
the
neighborhood at various times. It's certainly something to think
about
though - thanks!

Actually, if I do anything, it'll be that, if I can find a sympathetic
vet.

Skye

I have had this problem in the past, and what I did was trap the cat, and
then call a friend of mine to pick it up (in the trap) and bring it to the
vet. Then, I picked it up at the vet the next day, and brought it home and
let it go.....The cat didn't connect me with its experience.....Probably
thought of me as the one who rescued it from that terrible place. (The
vet:^)