Old January 14th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
AZ Nomad

Default my cat keeps losing his collar!

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:41:39 GMT, Maxine G wrote:
Hi. My cat has now lost about 5 collars in the neighborhood. This doesn't
count those that neighbors have found and returned. Many of the times he's
come in without it, he's also been a bit muddy, so I suspect he's been
crawling under some brush that's snagged it.

It's expensive because we have a magnetic cat door, so each time we replace
a collar, we also have to replace the magnet and his tag.

We've tried several different types of collars - break-away and stretchy.
Obviously we want to continue to use a safety collar, so that he CAN get
out of it in an emergency.

Does anyone have a particular type of collar to recommend?

There's no collar that can be kept on a cat if kitty doesn't want it there.
Choice 1) get a breakaway/stretchy and lose it. 2) get a standard collar
and risk kitty strangling 3) just do without.

Do you really need a magnetic cat door? Are there other cats trying to get
in? Raccoons? Very small children?