Old February 10th 04, 02:40 AM
frlpwr

Cat Protector wrote:

(snip)

As for animals being too dangerous to be adopted, I am not sure if
that is possible since I believe most if not all animals can be rehabilitated.

I agree, unless there is a physiological reason for the aggression.
When shelters say an animal cannot be rehabilitated, what they mean is
they don't have the time, energy or will to devote to the task of
gaining a fearful animal's trust.

I understand shelter resources are limited. What I don't understand is
a shelter's refusal to allow rescue groups to take the "unrehabilitable"
animals because they are "too dangerous". There are such things as
liability waivers. My feeling is that some shelter directors don't want
others to succeed where they have failed.

(snip)