Old March 17th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Update: Loss of appetite

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:51:31 -0500, W. Leong wrote:

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not
with Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

--
Winnie

I talked to the vet. She switches Rusty's antibiotic from Clavamox to
Novolexin.
I have to cut the tablet into 3 pieces and give him 1 piece 2X a day. It may
be
a challenge to cut into 3 even with a pill splitter. She also told me to
give him Hill's
A/D. Anyone has experience with A/D? I know it is important to make sure
Rusty
eats. But sometimes it is easier said than done. I tried to force feed him
with a syringe
but not much success. He spit the food out and made a mess. I was told to
continue
with the Pepsid AC.
Please keep purring. It is very stressful for both of us. I was almost in
tears.

Winnie
limited success.

Purring that Rusty will start to accept food. Purrs also that he will
heal completely. MLB