Old July 31st 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Earthquake in LA!

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:
Yup. We're still waiting. Now they're saying some time in the next
30 years.

I prefer earthquakes to tornadoes. I just stay put until it stops,
which is usually in much less than a minute. By the time you have a
chance to get scared, it's all over. I hate the idea of hiding in a
cellar. I'm somewhat claustrophobic, and I'd be more afraid of
being trapped than of the tornado. I suspect most of us feel safest
with what we're used to. Joy

Washington State is 'supposed' to be due for a 'big one' too, bigger
than the 6.8 in 2000. That one scared the crap out of me. I'd
rather have a tornado, if given the choice, but living in a 'mobile
home' there is no place to hide.
Oh well, can't worry about something we have no control over.
We have 4 active but dormant volcanos here and I can see
one of them from my livingroom window.
Hugs
Kyla

Compared to the Yellowstone caldera those quakes will be nothing, I hope I'm
not around when Yellowstone erupts because it will be the end of civilsation
as we know it.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart