Old April 9th 17, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Fascinating lights?

Buffy was not at all interested in the laser pointer. Persia, before
her, loved the laser pointer for a while, but quickly grew tired of it.
Ho hum, it's that red dot thing again. Next!

I have a glass prism filled with water hanging in the window of the
living room. Persia may have grown tired of the red dot, but she never
tired of chasing the rainbows on the carpet! I'd set it to spinning and
she'd dash all over, chasing the rainbows.

Buffy didn't show any interest last year but maybe the sun wasn't
exactly in the right spot. I filled the prism with fresh clean water.
Hung it up, twisted the filiment it hangs from. Let it go and it spun
around, casting little rainbow spots of light on the floor.

Buffy didn't chase them, but she sure noticed and watched the whirling
spots of light on the floor. She was curious, but not enough to chase
them. I'm not sure she can relate "lights" on the floor as toys.

It's entirely possible, too, that she can't really see the red dot. Or
the rainbows cast by the water filled prism. She might be colour blind.
No way to tell.

Jill