Old August 22nd 17, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_3_]

Default Antarctic Expedition

I iz ready! In fact, I'z been reviewing my preflight checklist for a
little while now.

[Francesca climbs all over the catacopter, checking fluid levels and
fastener tightness, then she visually checks that the flight control
surfaces respond appropriately to control stick movements. She checks
that everykitty is clear of the tail rotor, then fires up the engine.]

Is efurrybody strapped in and ready to go?

[As the rotors get up to speed, Francesca gets on the intercom to
address everybody on board.]

Hi, efurrybody. We'z gonna lift off in just a minute. Doze of you who
have used a teleporter before will be comforrable wif our transition.
If any of you (especially you goggies) hafn't used a 'porter before,
don't worry bout it. We'z just gonna fly into dis sort of glowy
shimmery fing, and den we will instantly be somewhere else. It can be a
bit of a surprise if you isn't used to it. So I'll let youz all know
when we'z about to do so.

[Francesca turns back to the controls, and the catacopter lifts off the
ground. Francy keeps her maneuvers gentle, so as to not upset tummys.
The copter climbs to a comfortable altitude, then Francesca instructs
Ranger (who is sitting in the right-hand seat) to activate the
teleporter. He reaches out a paw and types on a paw-sized keyboard, and
soon a patch of shimmering light appears ahead of the copter.]

Ok, efurrybody, we'z flying into da 'porter now. In just a moment we
will be in da air over Antarctica!

[The copter does fly into the shimmering light, and the copter emerges
on the other side in the air over the Antarctic.]

Ok, kitties and offurs, we'z real close! If you will look out da
windows on da left side of the copter youz will see Antarctica. Da ice
dat you see dere is the Ronne Ice Shelf, an da ice ahead of us is da
Antarctic Peninsula. We'z headed towards the northern tip of da
peninsula.

Ok, kitties, we'z just about over da Palmer Station. Da Larsen Ice
Shelf is right below us. Da broken glacier we'z looking for is
somewhere really close. Efurrybody please help me find where it is.