Old August 10th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nadia N.

Default vaccine reaction with vomiting and bloody diarrhea

Rene S. wrote:

I wanted to caution you, now that she's had this reaction--to NOT
vaccinate her again. It could be more dangerous of a reaction next
time she gets any vaccine. We have not vaccinated Benny since he had
the reaction. IMO it's just too dangerous.

Thanks Rene. Yeah, I was reading up on vaccine reactions yesterday and
read that if a cat has a reaction to a vaccine, if she gets vaccinated
again she'll get a worse reaction. Considering how scary it was this
time, I don't want to imagine what a worse reaction would be. So I will
not be vaccinating her again.

I am concerned though about her catching something that I bring in from
outside. There are tons of stray cats living outside here in Spain, and
I don't drive so I walk everywhere. I'm afraid I might bring in
something on my shoes that she won't be protected against. I know I
won't have to worry about this for at least a year, maybe not even for
the next 3 years (I think current vaccination protocols say that it's
enough to vaccinate cats every 3 years instead of every year). But
eventually her immunity will fade and then what? I guess I have 3 years
to think of ways to figure something out...

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety