Old August 10th 10, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default vaccine reaction with vomiting and bloody diarrhea

"Nadia N." wrote
Rene S. wrote:

I wanted to caution you, now that she's had this reaction--to NOT
vaccinate her again. It could be more dangerous of a reaction next
time she gets any vaccine. We have not vaccinated Benny since he had
the reaction. IMO it's just too dangerous.

Thanks Rene. Yeah, I was reading up on vaccine reactions yesterday and
read that if a cat has a reaction to a vaccine, if she gets vaccinated
again she'll get a worse reaction. Considering how scary it was this time,
I don't want to imagine what a worse reaction would be. So I will not be
vaccinating her again.

I am concerned though about her catching something that I bring in from
outside. There are tons of stray cats living outside here in Spain, and I
don't drive so I walk everywhere. I'm afraid I might bring in something on
my shoes that she won't be protected against. I know I won't have to worry
about this for at least a year, maybe not even for the next 3 years (I
think current vaccination protocols say that it's enough to vaccinate cats
every 3 years instead of every year). But eventually her immunity will
fade and then what? I guess I have 3 years to think of ways to figure
something out...

Nadia would you be US military associated? Doesnt really matter. One thing
you need to check is the vaccination requirements to bring a pet to the next
country. There is some controversy in how fast a vaccination fades, but
there is little doubt on what is required per country be 'current'.

Hawaii used to be very restrictive and so was England. Probably others as
well.